Of exceptional strength, size, or power: a series of titanic explosions
More example sentences
- Wilson depicted the struggles of African Americans with a lyrical beauty and captured the lives of those who lived on the edges of the society with a dignity that was worthy of the titanic power of any character in Greek drama.
- For instance, unless an effective Museum of the Deep comes up, the titanic power of the ocean will again become a fading memory in most people's minds.
- This symbolised the titanic battle between the powers of good and evil.
- More example sentences
- In the two stories and one novella, human passions become frighteningly, titanically powerful.
- I doubt if there was a room anywhere in the world that night with more titanically lusted-after people in it.
- Tim pointed out that the wine list was titanically overpriced and deeply unimaginative.