- 1The concentration of a solution as determined by titration.More example sentences
- Dialysis of the DNA resulted in acceptable titres.
- The plate is incubated at 37° for 16-36 hr, and the titer of the colony-forming units is divided by the titer of the microscopic count to determine the viability.
- Aliquots were withdrawn at the indicated times, the viable titer was determined, and the percentage of survivors was calculated.
- 1.2 Medicine The concentration of an antibody, as determined by finding the highest dilution at which it is still able to cause agglutination of the antigen.More example sentences
- The antibody response was termed as group specific, species specific or cross reactive depending on the comparative antibody titres obtained against different antigen pools.
- Patients in Stages III and IV showed a decline in the antiGDlb antibody titers in relation to neurological recovery following PE.
- Influenza vaccination has produced substantial antibody titers against influenza in vaccinated HIV-infected persons who have minimal symptoms related to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and high CD4 cell counts.
mid 19th century: from French titre, from titrer (see titrate).
More definitions of titerDefinition of titer in:
- The British & World English dictionary