Definition of titillate in English:
1Stimulate or excite (someone), especially in a sexual way: these journalists are paid to titillate the public
More example sentences
- We viewers are titillated by images we have ostensibly come to decry.
- They enter into a Faustian pact with the general public: in order to sustain our interest they have to continually titillate us with revelations.
- I was really more than interested - I was deeply titillated by it.
- Example sentences
- She was particularly disturbed by the disclosure of ‘salacious details for the titillation of the public’.
- Doing so will require film-makers to understand how to present sexual imagery in a way that conveys representation rather than just titillation.
- Done properly, the acts should go beyond titillation and provide a playful, tongue-in-cheek exploration of sexuality, social mores and modern values.
Words that rhyme with titillatescintillate • constellate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.