Definition of titillate in English:
1Stimulate or excite (someone), especially in a sexual way: these journalists are paid to titillate the public
More example sentences
- We viewers are titillated by images we have ostensibly come to decry.
- They enter into a Faustian pact with the general public: in order to sustain our interest they have to continually titillate us with revelations.
- I was really more than interested - I was deeply titillated by it.
- Example sentences
- She was particularly disturbed by the disclosure of ‘salacious details for the titillation of the public’.
- Doing so will require film-makers to understand how to present sexual imagery in a way that conveys representation rather than just titillation.
- Done properly, the acts should go beyond titillation and provide a playful, tongue-in-cheek exploration of sexuality, social mores and modern values.
Words that rhyme with titillatescintillate • constellate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan