(also title holder)
- A person who holds a title, especially a sports champion.More example sentences
- But he takes over from Mike Atherton for what could prove to be the most important championship match of the season against the title-holders.
- There is still a long way to go for the golf title-holders but last weekend's marvellous 25-11 victory over Leeds at West Bowling has put the team in a buoyant mood.
- New Zealand head the Tri-Nations standings on eight points, one ahead of title-holders Australia with Saturday's winner taking the title.
More definitions of titleholderDefinition of titleholder in:
- The British & World English dictionary