verb (tittups, tittuping, tittuped or tittups, tittupping, tittupped)[no object] chiefly British
- Move with jerky or exaggerated movements: Nicky came tittupping along in a rakish moodMore example sentences
- Both look most delightful in their matching sets, especially when tittupping.
- She has a wonderful habit, while trying to hide the escaped prisoner, of hitching up her skirt and tittuping across the stage in high heels.
- Decked-out in plenitude of bling and leather, the models tittuped and slunk down the runway.
late 17th century (as a noun): perhaps imitative of hoofbeats.
More definitions of tittupDefinition of tittup in:
- The British & World English dictionary