Definition of tody in English:
noun (plural todies)
A small insectivorous Caribbean bird related to the motmots, with a large head, long bill, bright green upper parts, and a red throat.
- Family Todidae and genus Todus: five species
- Like motmots and todies, kingfishers often have brilliant plumage, are largely insectivorous, and nest in cavities that are often excavated in earthen banks.
- Oligocene fossils of todies and motmots from Wyoming and France, for example, indicate that the current ranges of these two groups are relictual.
- When compared with the BMR of other very small birds, the tody's energetic demands appear unremarkable.
Words that rhyme with todyJodie, roadie, toady
Definition of tody in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan