- Curd made from mashed soybeans, used chiefly in Asian and vegetarian cooking.More example sentences
- Lin says for the home-style bean curd they use soft tofu and mix it with shredded pork, red pepper and green onion.
- It is made of bread, pine nuts and strong-smelling preserved tofu, or bean curd.
- Bean curd or tofu can be justifiably called a great invention of ancient China.
from Japanese tōfu, from Chinese dòufu, from dòu 'beans' + fŭ 'rot, turn sour'.
More definitions of tofuDefinition of tofu in:
- The British & World English dictionary