A synthetic blue dye used chiefly as a stain in biology.
- A thiazine dye; chemical formula: C15H16ClN3S
More example sentences
- Specimens were stained with toluidine blue and basic fuchsin.
- The matrix or ground substance of cartilage is strongly basophilic and stains metachromatically with toluidine blue and other similar basic dyes.
- Inactive DNA is readily stained with hematoxylin, toluidine blue, and other similar basic dyes.
Definition of toluidine blue in:
- The British & World English dictionary