- 1A large, flat inscribed stone standing or laid over a grave.More example sentences
- The straight vertical edge that viewers see as they walk into the room could be an obelisk, a standing figure, or even a stone tombstone.
- The common motto, inscribed on memorials and tombstones is ‘Lest we forget.’
- Listed also are over 600 tombstones and grave slabs from the old cemetery in Aghamore.
- 2 (also tombstone advertisement or tombstone ad) An advertisement listing the underwriters or firms associated with a new issue of securities.More example sentences
- It includes tombstone advertising with a searchable database of recent tombstones and one-click access to more detailed info on major financial transactions and company data.