Definition of tomcat in English:
1A male domestic cat.
- These guys went at it like two tomcats fighting over the pussy next door.
- The tomcat appears to use violence to subdue the female cat.
- But his eyes gave him away, the eyes of a tomcat evaluating a bird.
verb (tomcats, tomcatting, tomcatted)[no object] US informal Back to top
Pursue women promiscuously for sexual gratification: tomcatting all night and sleeping until afternoon
More example sentences
- His wife hasn't had to admit to her husband's tomcatting on TV.
- That significant cultural artifact reports that he is tomcatting again.
- He also addresses the rumors of his father's womanizing by saying he was human, with all the foibles and shortcomings of any mortal, yet he denies any real tomcatting around on his father's part.
Words that rhyme with tomcatpussycat • wildcat • bobcat
Definition of tomcat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.