- 1A male domestic cat.More example sentences
- These guys went at it like two tomcats fighting over the pussy next door.
- The tomcat appears to use violence to subdue the female cat.
- But his eyes gave him away, the eyes of a tomcat evaluating a bird.
- 1.1 • informal A sexually aggressive man; a womanizer.More example sentences
- He was simultaneously rumored to be gay and a tomcat who cheats on his wife, who in turn was rumored to be a drug addict.
- It is not in the nature of tomcats to fess up, and, in fact, they usually tend to dig in their heels.
verb (tomcats, tomcatting, tomcatted)[no object] • informal Back to top
- Pursue women promiscuously for sexual gratification: tomcatting all night and sleeping until afternoonMore example sentences
- His wife hasn't had to admit to her husband's tomcatting on TV.
- That significant cultural artifact reports that he is tomcatting again.
- He also addresses the rumors of his father's womanizing by saying he was human, with all the foibles and shortcomings of any mortal, yet he denies any real tomcatting around on his father's part.
More definitions of tomcatDefinition of tomcat in:
- The British & World English dictionary