Definition of tongue-lashing in English:
A loud or severe scolding: the incensed boss gave him a tongue-lashing
More example sentences
- On Thursday, the coach's 10 o'clock training session was delayed by an hour as he gave his men a severe tongue-lashing about their behaviour the previous evening.
- If the agreement is broken, the miscreant can expect a severe tongue-lashing from the other riders.
- I had to bite my tongue not to give him a tongue-lashing.
- Example sentences
- The very idea that Sharp has been excessively tongue-lashed is absurd.
- By the end there were maybe half a dozen haggard figures sitting in a room, being tongue-lashed by this pedagogic monster.
- Mathian's so far negligible exploits certainly hadn't earned him the right to tongue-lash this man.
Words that rhyme with tongue-lashingsquare-bashing
Definition of tongue-lashing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia