- A bitter carbonated soft drink made with quinine, used especially as a mixer with gin or other liquors (originally used as a stimulant of appetite and digestion).More example sentences
- Soda water, seltzer water and tonic water are not considered bottled waters.
- The basic mixers are cola, lemon-lime soda, tonic water, soda water, orange juice, cranberry juice, tomato juice, ginger ale and grapefruit juice.
- If you have mixed drinks, use mixers that are sugar-free, such as diet soda, tonic water, club soda or seltzer.
More definitions of tonic waterDefinition of tonic water in:
- The British & World English dictionary