- 1Muscle tone.More example sentences
- There, Robert can treat himself to a personalised ‘gentlemen's programme ’, which offers a series of treatments to revive his tonicity, balance and energy.
- 3 Biology The state of a solution in respect of osmotic pressure: the tonicity of the fluidMore example sentences
- It is because the solution has the same tonicity as blood.
- As the electrolytes shift out of the cells, fluid shifts into the cells so that the tonicity matches that of the extracellular space.
- Antidiuretic hormone, which is secreted in response to stimuli such as changes in blood volume, tonicity, and blood pressure, is the primary regulator of body water.
More definitions of tonicityDefinition of tonicity in:
- The British & World English dictionary