- another term for metric ton.More example sentences
- This is a record as the average yield in the State is around four tonnes per hectare.
- We then visited this to discover that out of the six hundred tonnes, only about fifty tonnes were left by then.
- Hundreds of thousands of tonnes of cod were taken out each year, building up great fortunes for those that fished it.
late 19th century: from French; compare with ton1.
More definitions of tonneDefinition of tonne in:
- The British & World English dictionary