Definition of toolbox in English:
1A box or container for keeping tools in.
- Storing the toolbox containing said torch in the bottom of a dark drawer about as far away from my bedroom as it's possible to be probably isn't the most practical thing in the world.
- The owner discovered two smaller boxes inside the toolbox, which were dated 1898.
- Inside his cabin, McAbery reaches for the worn cardboard container that serves as his only toolbox.
1.1 Computing A set of software tools.
- Caching isn't the only thing in the software toolbox.
- It is sure to remain in my software toolbox for years to come.
- On top of the methodological resources collected and presented, the specialized web site could offer training programs, software, and even a software toolbox.
1.2 Computing The set of programs or functions accessible from a single menu.
- You can create your own workspace, paper space, templates, and views, as well as custom toolboxes, menus, and keystroke macros.
- There is one very noticeable change, though: running your cursor over tools in the toolbox now makes them light up in color.
- For years, bookmarks to frequently visited sites have been one very basic tool in the shortcut toolbox.
Definition of toolbox in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan