- 1A skylight: (as adjective top-lighted) a top-lighted galleryMore example sentences
- Daylighting also progresses with the domestic windows of the old, leading to the baffled top light of the long apertures that run the full length of the extension's rough plaster ceilings.
- In Munich large paintings were displayed in lofty rooms fitted with top lights, while small cabinet pictures were hung in the surrounding rooms with windows at the side.
- 2British A small pane above a main window, typically opening outward and upward.More example sentences
- Horizontal bandings and circular-framed top lights accent the windows.
- Instead of ridge planting she has inserted the glazed top light and surrounded it with planters buried in the thatch.
More definitions of top lightDefinition of top light in:
- The British & World English dictionary