Definition of topaz in English:
1A precious stone, typically colorless, yellow, or pale blue, consisting of a fluorine-containing aluminum silicate.
- Brazil is the main source of gem topaz (an aluminium silicate fluoride in which hydroxyl ions replace some of the fluorine ions) Topaz can be colourless, blue, and rarely pink as well as the more familiar yellow.
- There's also a matching pair of earrings and a ring with my birthstone, the blue topaz, in the middle and a diamond on either side of it.
- Lined up neatly on nine velvet pillow (all different colours and sizes) were crowns and tiaras and circlets in gold, silver and bronze adorned in rubies, emerald, sapphires, opals, topazes, diamonds - you name it, it's there.
1.1A dark yellow color.
- Looking up she caught amusement dancing in her aunt's dark rich topaz colored eyes.
- The English pinstripes have new designs, and there are new colours for the fustians, like dark topaz or deep ruby.
- His eyes were still that ever-bright topaz colour and his light brown hair had grown long and thick.
Definition of topaz in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan