Definition of topper in English:
1Something that culminates a situation; a clincher: the topper was a late-evening interview with an old man who ran the place
More example sentences
- But the hike down turns out to be a real trip topper - not for the faint of heart, but an experience these hikers would never trade.
- Then, the topper is that her shirt, once pulled back down, is wet and thus, see-through.
- Oh, and here's a topper: this particular chick is using a picture of me in such a way that it suggests it's a picture of HER.
2US A hard protective lightweight cover or shell mounted on the back or bed of a pickup truck.
- A 2-inch link keeps the bracket below the top of the tailgate for pickups with toppers.
- It's especially important if you have a gooseneck hitch in the bed of the truck that you need to get to and likewise sometimes need the topper cover.
- Incidentally, the truck topper isn't designed for either of those pick-up trucks.
2.1A type of camper mounted on a truck bed.
- My goal will be to plant shrubs and grasses to not only provide cover for the deck posts but, if possible, be tall enough to block our view of Mr. Napper's fishing boat, trailer and truck topper.
- Then there's a small fishing boat leaning against his garage and the unsightly fishing boat sitting on a trailer, with truck topper perched on it, on our property line.
3 informal A top hat.
- Very few of them, no matter how poor, are bareheaded: the men wear flat caps, bowlers, straw boaters, trilbies, toppers, the women shawls or floral hats.
- The benefits to the city could well continue long after the fashionable hats, toppers, tailcoats and cut-glass accents have gone back to more familiar haunts further south.
- A huge amount of work has gone on behind the scenes, to which we ought to doff our hat, whether it be a topper, a fascinator or a baseball cap.
5A woman’s loose, short coat.
- Show-stopping coats for men and women include the classic trench, the double-breasted topper, the pea coat or the down-filled puffer.
- Armani finishes daytime looks with a smart, collarless topper somewhere between a jacket and a shirt with 3/4 length sleeves that lets a glimpse of skin peep through.
- You will dazzle them all in this bolero-like topper by Adam Jones with its fur trim, bell sleeves and silver buttons.
Words that rhyme with topperbopper, copper, cropper, Dopper, dropper, hopper, improper, Joppa, poppa, popper, proper, shopper, stopper, swapper, whopper
Definition of topper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan