Definition of toroid in English:
1A figure with a shape resembling a torus.
- As an example of the benefits of toroids, consider a concave spherical mirror used to image an off-axis point.
- A remarkable feature of oligoamine-condensed DNA is the ability to assume condition-defined morphologies such as spheroids, toroids, and rods.
- Polyelectrolytes having complete charge neutralization, like uncharged polymers in poor solvents, can collapse to toroids, rods, or spherical globules.
1.1 Electronics A coil shaped like a torus or doughnut.
- There are two forms of toroids: one is part of a ring and the other is barrel-shaped; the power of such surfaces can be positive or negative.
- The observed condensates are typically found to be toroids with an average diameter ranging from 25 to 300 nm, and occasionally as rods with average length ranging from 40 to 80 nm.
Definition of toroid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.