Definition of toroidal in English:
Of or resembling a torus.
- Other curvature geometries such as elliptical, logarithmic parabolic, and log spiral can be used to accommodate different source or image geometries, though we'll restrict this discussion to the symmetrical toroidal geometry.
- The element after the polygon can be a toroidal or cylindrical lens incorporated into the scan lens, or it can be a cylindrical lens or mirror located near the image plane.
- Let us assume that, when stretched, the toroidal polymer becomes an ellipse, with equation
- Example sentences
- The tube contains toroidally shaped rings within the maximum diameter portions of the corrugations in the tube wall.
- A toroidally bent crystal with the bending radius in the vertical direction r V = 2R sin 2 B, where R is the radius of the Rowland circle, provides point-to-point focusing with the source spot S imaged at the image point I on the circle.
- Processing steps are somewhat different from those used for lay-up transformers though the starting material is the same-large toroidally annealed coil coated with magnesium silicate, which usually provides sufficient insulation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan