- A net made of steel wire, hung in the water around an anchored ship to intercept torpedoes.More example sentences
- Some officers of the latter had been on shore attending a ball given by their admiral's wife, the ships were lit, and there were no torpedo nets.
- One managed to negotiate the harbour's torpedo nets and attach a warhead to the cruiser's hull, and attach magnetic mines to other ships.
- Moreover Kimmel did not keep up the anti torpedo nets in the harbor that led to serious loss of life.
More definitions of torpedo netDefinition of torpedo net in:
- The British & World English dictionary