(also Torrid Zone)
- The hot central belt of the earth bounded by the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn.More example sentences
- ‘Climates and seasons deteriorate,’ the polar and torrid zones and deserts encroached on the temperate lands instead of being reclaimed, and the air was poisoned by miasma.’
- To the extent that torrid zones are a general feature of mammalian genomes, they have considerable implications for genetic mapping strategies in both human populations and mouse crosses.
- Acosta found himself laughing aloud at the Aristotelian doctrine of the torrid zone that was still taught, along with Ptolemy's more accurate views, in colleges back home in Europe.
More definitions of torrid zoneDefinition of torrid zone in:
- The British & World English dictionary