Definition of torso in English:
noun (plural torsos or torsi /-sē/)
1The trunk of the human body.
- The royal family are shown with elongated skulls and pear-shaped bodies with skinny torsos and arms but fuller hips, stomachs and thighs.
- Cross your arms over your chest, squeeze your glutes and slowly raise your torso until your body forms a straight line.
- Any time you do dips you're working your whole torso, your upper trunk and your arms at the same time.
1.1The trunk of a statue without, or considered independently of, the head and limbs.
- Casts have also been made of other parts of the human body, for instance, limbs or torsos, for use as models by sculptors who work in stone or other materials.
- The quiet square evokes the classical arcades and statuary of antiquity (the sculpture is a torso of Aphrodite).
- Bronze idol of Ganapathi, with finely proportioned torsos and exquisitely designed limbs is a cynosure of all eyes.