noun (plural tortes, torten /ˈtôrtn/)
- A sweet cake or tart.More example sentences
- For dessert there is a wide selection of cakes and tarts such as white and dark chocolate tortes, berry tarts and pecan pie.
- All over Germany there are Konditorei famous for their torte and kuchen, fruit tarts and pastries.
- Guess what classic, towering German torten I brought for dessert, attempting to navigate through the crowded buses and hectic sidewalks of Paris?
from German Torte, via Italian from late Latin torta 'round loaf, cake'. Compare with tortilla.
More definitions of torteDefinition of torte in:
- The British & World English dictionary