Definition of toucan in English:
A tropical American fruit-eating bird with a massive bill and typically brightly colored plumage.
- Genera Ramphastos and Andigena, family Ramphastidae: several species
- Mexico is home to toucans, vultures, hummingbirds, woodpeckers, parrots, macaws, and quetzals.
- Of course, year-round residents also make their homes among the bright red coffee cherries, including jays, wood creepers, hummingbirds, toucans, parrots, parakeets and other species.
- The quetzals have nowhere to go, so they nest in tree cavities within easy reach of the toucans who feast on quetzal eggs and chicks.
Definition of toucan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan