Definition of toucanet in English:
A small tropical American toucan with mainly green plumage.
- Family Ramphastidae: three genera, in particular Aulacorhynchus and Selenidera, and several species
- Unfortunately, toucans are quite expensive; toucanets and aracaris are less expensive.
- Toucans range from 20 inches to 25 inches while toucanets and aracaris are from 14 inches to 16 inches in length.
- Although Ramphastos toucans are impressive, I prefer some of the smaller araçaris and toucanets.
Early 19th century: diminutive of toucan.
Definition of toucanet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.