- A ball one downs deliberately behind one’s own goal line or that is kicked through one’s end zone. It is taken to the 20-yard line to resume play.More example sentences
- Watson nearly caused a touchback, as the ball narrowly missed the endzone on its way out of bounds.
- Against Seattle last week, the Jaguars had four kick-offs go for touchbacks and pinned the Seahawks inside the 10-yard line on consecutive possessions.
- The second was also risky, as Stanley had not shown his regular touch, and a touchback would have only resulted in a net 11 yards.
More definitions of touchbackDefinition of touchback in:
- The British & World English dictionary