noun (plural same )
- A small round thick cut from a fillet of beef.More example sentences
- But if you miss out the first time, reorder the chef's impressively fluffy paella, or the beef tournedos, perfectly seared and peppery around the edges, in a Cabrales-cheese sauce.
- Ms Maclaine ordered the 6oz tournedos of beef with a cauliflower purée and a veal and truffle dressing, topped with Sneem black pudding ravioli.
- Among more hefty items, however, the chicken breast, set atop a pedestal of couscous, tasted unaccountably of mint syrup, and the beef tournedos I sampled were flavorful but a little dry.
French, from tourner 'to turn' + dos 'back'.
More definitions of tournedosDefinition of tournedos in:
- The British & World English dictionary