- Thick absorbent cloth, typically cotton with uncut loops, used for towels and robes.More example sentences
- She had mastered the texture not only of skin but of fabrics, from the slither of silks to the deep tousle of thick wool and towelling and the stiff give of fine leather gloves.
- Certain loosely woven fabrics, such as lightweight flannel and toweling, aren't firm enough to be in the stable category.
- Covering the webbed seat with inexpensive toweling renders this stool pool- or patio-worthy while the interior provides a spot to stow toys and picnic supplies.
More definitions of towelingDefinition of toweling in:
- The British & World English dictionary