- A rope, cable, or other line used in towing.More example sentences
- It said the towline would be detached if the person or persons in charge of the vessel requested, providing they would go anywhere in the world expect Australia.
- The destroyer Express took us in tow, but the towline parted so she came alongside and took the troops and wounded on board and left us a sitting duck.
- Clipping to the skier's belt with a quick-release coupler for a quick disconnection, most towlines feature a bungee-like shock cord at the skier's end to allow for smooth movement between the dog and skier.
More definitions of towlineDefinition of towline in:
- The British & World English dictionary