- North American A public official in charge of the records of a town.More example sentences
- What happens is the couple will go to the town clerk as a heterosexual couple would go.
- At that moment the town clerk announced that the direction of the wind has just turned Westerly, meaning that Big Ben would run fast, cutting the hour down from 60 minutes to 50.
- In the meantime, however, he worked as the Beloit town clerk in 1855, a job that made him responsible for the city's 1855 census count.
More definitions of town clerkDefinition of town clerk in:
- The British & World English dictionary