- 1A copy of a drawing, map, or design made by tracing it.More example sentences
- Leonardo's mural, with its tracings and smaller copies, is a locus of essential religious and aesthetic meanings, a virtual communion between art and life.
- It might be that Lady Seated at the Virginals is a composite of tracings of parts of images onto planes at different distances and with different positions of the lens.
- These were photographed and tracings were made to depict the location of mechanical support tissue.
- 1.1A faint or delicate mark or pattern: tracings of apple blossoms against the deep greens of pinesMore example sentences
- It was made of dark, polished oak, with delicate tracings of bright silver describing a swirling pattern along its length.
- There were faint, white tracings against tan skin where the scars should have been.
- On the canvass a chalk preliminary had already been sketched out: a faint tracing depicting the old chair and bucket with the window behind them.
- 1.2 another term for trace1 ( sense 3 of the noun).More example sentences
- Figure 2 shows the individual values of the main parameters and Figure 3 depicts representative tracings in a typical patient.
- Retrospectively, we looked at airway flow tracings, identifying the start of slow inflation.
- Figures 1 and 2 depict various tympanogram tracings based on variations of the original Liden and Jerger classifications.
More definitions of tracingDefinition of tracing in:
- The British & World English dictionary