1The best recorded performance in a particular track-and-field event at a particular track.
- I rode against him at Eastbourne last week and he broke the track record.
- His track record was smashed twice last night in the fastest speedway meeting ever held in Manchester.
- It was heart-breaking because he conceded 23 lb to the winner and they smashed the track record.
1.1The past achievements or performance of a person, organization, or product: he has an excellent track record as an author
More example sentences
- Each member of the consortium has a proven track record in the field of supported employment.
- He recommends sticking to firms that have a track record because they have proved that they know how to run the funds.
- There is a proven track record of prejudice, narrow thinking and incompetent advice.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: track rec·ord
Definition of track record in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.