Definition of tracking in English:
1 Electronics The maintenance of a constant difference in frequency between two or more connected circuits or components.
- The text describes the apparatus and method for differential tracking in a magneto-optic data storage system using mark edge detection.
- This tracking system provides for the tracking of a target matching the preloaded or hyperspectral signature observed prior to launch.
1.2The formation of a conducting path for an electric current over the surface of an insulating material.
- The tracking and strap cells along with the tracking scheme allow for better tracking of current within the array without the necessity of adding timing margin.
- When the needle is removed, the metal ring remains in place, permitting electromagnetic tracking of the catheter as it is fed through the vascular system.
2US The practice of putting schoolchildren in groups of the same age and ability to be taught together: Japan allows virtually no tracking or ability grouping before high school
More example sentences
- For instance, one such experiment might examine the effects of a policy change in tracking or ability grouping on student outcomes.
- Access to this statewide database allowed for the tracking of large numbers of dual enrollment students after high school graduation.
- This means that instead of tracking within high school, there are several types of high schools that differ in vocational and academic emphasis.
Definition of tracking in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan