Definition of tracklayer in English:
1A tractor or other vehicle equipped with continuous tracks.
- The Holt Tractor Company and the Best Tractor Company both took their heavy commercial tracklayers around 1916 and experimented by adding riveted boilerplates to the tractor chassis.
- This recovery system separates collected rubber tracklayers into core metal and rubber, for the purpose of recycling them into iron materials and boiler fuels.
2North American another term for trackman (sense 1).
- At Ogallala, Nebraska, milepost 342, on May 27, 1867, they swooped down on the tracklayers while Dodge and government inspectors were present.
- Completed and crossed by the tracklayers in November 1866, it was twenty-three hundred feet long.
- The tracklayers moved forward at a furious pace, often laying down two to three miles of new rail a day, sometimes more.
Words that rhyme with tracklayerbricklayer • minelayer
Definition of tracklayer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.