- 1(Of land) having no paths or tracks on it: leading travelers into trackless wastelandsMore example sentences
- It requires you to do so on rough, steep, largely trackless terrain that it's hard even to walk on safely.
- Mile 291: Grab the GPS and start navigating on foot across miles of trackless terrain that'll take you into the interior of the Richardson mountains.
- To provide guidance for a route that sidesteps the timeless, trackless path of the gazelles, the researchers are studying the creatures' habits - and habitats.
- 2(Of a vehicle or component) not running on a track or tracks.More example sentences
- The trolley, a trackless affair which drew its motive power from overhead wires, surged smoothly through the late morning traffic with its handful of riders.
- The tram ticket brings to mind that even after the last war there still remained two metal lattice-work stanchions that carried the power for the trackless trams to Oxenhope and Haworth.
More definitions of tracklessDefinition of trackless in:
- The British & World English dictionary