- Relating to or denoting the power exerted in pulling, especially by a vehicle or other machine.More example sentences
- The tractive effort of the machine seems weak, especially in this deep snow that we have now.
- ‘It has such tractive power that we were pushing piles several times larger than what others could push; we were pushing mountains,’ he describes.
- Features include advanced hydraulic controls and impressive power in terms of rated operating capacities, tractive effort, bucket breakout force, and the like.
More definitions of tractiveDefinition of tractive in:
- The British & World English dictionary