- The surgical severing of nerve tracts especially in the medulla of the brain, typically to relieve intractable pain or mental illness, or in research.More example sentences
- They noted that facial pain and itch sensations are both abolished by trigeminal medullary tractotomy.
- A study of cognitive function in 23 patients undergoing subcaudate tractotomy found significant impairment of cognitive function 2 weeks post-op which had largely resolved after six months.
- It seems that the complications associated with pulmonary tractotomies are considerably high, but the mortality of anatomic resections is prohibitive.
More definitions of tractotomyDefinition of tractotomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary