- (Especially of music) traditional: trad jazzMore example sentences
- Traditional jazz, or trad jazz, was the pop music of the day and any kind of delinquent behaviour was usually reported as the work of ‘jazz fans’.
- Though his mix of hip-hop, trad jazz, and club techno sounds intriguing on paper, he rarely manages to come up with anything compelling out of the mix.
- There will be everything from karaoke sessions to trad music to a storming rock band from Donegal.
nounBack to top
- Traditional jazz or folk music.More example sentences
- When the band was first formed, the idea of fusing rhythm based music from Africa and beyond with melodious trad from Ireland seemed like a curious and exciting experiment.
- Songs must be written in the musical style of folk, ballad, Irish trad, or easy country music, but not contemporary music, while the maximum duration per song is four minutes.
- Jazz - from 1920s New Orleans trad to swing to modernist interpretations - is finding a home in Australian churches.
More definitions of tradDefinition of trad in:
- The British & World English dictionary