noun (plural traghetti /-ˈgetē/)
- 1(In Venice) a landing place or jetty for gondolas.More example sentences
- Near to this there is the traghetto stop of San Sofia which is bang opposite the Peshcheria or Fish Market.
- Do get as detailed a map of the city as you can, and make sure it shows all the vaporetto and traghetto stops.
- Look for traghetto signs and hand your fare to the gondolier when you board.
- 1.1A gondola ferry.More example sentences
- As our river bus weaves in and out among the swarm of vaporetti, traghetti, gondolas and private craft, Venice begins to reveal itself.
- He takes off his head gear and the flippers and then takes the traghetto across to our side.
- Otherwise you can choose between the other modes of transport: vaporetto, traghetto, gondola and water taxi.
More definitions of traghettoDefinition of traghetto in:
- The British & World English dictionary