Definition of tragopan in English:
An Asian pheasant of highland forests, the male of which has brightly colored plumage used in courtship.
- Genus Tragopan, family Phasianidae: five species
- Pheasants are generally thought to be comprised of three subfamilies: Tragopaninae (tragopans), Argusianinae, and Phasianinae.
- I did, however, see a small monkey with enormous military moustaches, a satyr tragopan (answers on a postcard), and a pair of red river hogs - each of which were fairly exciting in their own way.
- Earlier Jammu and Kashmir had the western tragopan as its State bird.
Definition of tragopan in:
- British & World English dictionary