Definition of train set in English:
1A set of trains, tracks, and other things making up a child’s model railroad.
- A model train set with 50 pieces of track used to deliver bonus cheques to executives around the building.
- Somebody once said to me that I didn't need a model train set because I came into work every day and had a real one.
- They are like pieces in a model train set, the only variable being my timekeeping.
2A set of railroad cars, often with a locomotive, coupled together for a particular service.
- The train set, like all TGV and other high speed trains, was articulated with all electric power cars at each end.
- In fifty years time there are likely to be even fewer Aucklanders than there are today - especially if we waste two billion dollars building train sets, instead of finishing the road network.
- Miniature coal-fired power stations, a car that runs on electricity, a lawnmower, mini hot-air balloons and homemade train sets were all entered into the competition.
Definition of train set in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India