Definition of train set in English:
1A set of trains, tracks, and other things making up a child’s model railroad.
- A model train set with 50 pieces of track used to deliver bonus cheques to executives around the building.
- Somebody once said to me that I didn't need a model train set because I came into work every day and had a real one.
- They are like pieces in a model train set, the only variable being my timekeeping.
2A set of railroad cars, often with a locomotive, coupled together for a particular service.
- The train set, like all TGV and other high speed trains, was articulated with all electric power cars at each end.
- In fifty years time there are likely to be even fewer Aucklanders than there are today - especially if we waste two billion dollars building train sets, instead of finishing the road network.
- Miniature coal-fired power stations, a car that runs on electricity, a lawnmower, mini hot-air balloons and homemade train sets were all entered into the competition.
Definition of train set in:
- British & World English dictionary