noun (plural trainmen)
- A railroad employee who works on trains.More example sentences
- All day I struggled through translations with a pocket dictionary, and was rewarded by getting to know the trainmen and hearing them talk about their experiences in the narrow gauge past.
- But the diesel kept going, because the hostler, not being a trainman, had never thought of trying the coupling.
- That diesel doses were relatively high was assumed from the indoor conditions described, including locomotive cabs for trainmen.
More definitions of trainmanDefinition of trainman in:
- The British & World English dictionary