- An enzyme that catalyzes the formation of RNA from a DNA template during transcription. Also called RNA polymer.More example sentences
- A chromosome-specific cosmid library was screened with the amplified 240-bp npkA fragment identified in the differential display-reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction procedure.
- We used the following key words: cancer, tumour markers, prognosis, various malignant diseases, and RT-PCR [reversed transcriptase and polymerase chain reaction].
- Total RNA derived from dorsal and ventral skin was reverse transcribed using random hexamer primers and MMLV-reverse transcriptase.
More definitions of transcriptaseDefinition of transcriptase in:
- The British & World English dictionary