verb[with object] (usually as adjective transistorized)
- Design or make with transistors rather than vacuum tubes: a transistorized tape recorderMore example sentences
- There are probably fewer professional live musicians than there would be if we had never enjoyed radios, jukeboxes, transistorized stereos, or computerized file sharing.
- The transistorized gravity-strain amplifier derives power from the gravitational field manipulation of positrons.
- Radio became such an important and sought-after commodity that its development soon went from huge pieces of furniture for indoors to little transistorised ornaments to fit in one's pocket.
- More example sentences
- He eventually gave it up, as color television and general transistorization shrank the ecological niche.
- The present invention relates especially to the transistorization of a channel switch for use in a telephone exchange.
- The outstanding features of this special computer, built in 1964, include full transistorization and a special magnetic core memory.
More definitions of transistorizeDefinition of transistorize in:
- The British & World English dictionary