- The set of conditions of temperature and pressure at which different phases of the same substance can be in equilibrium.More example sentences
- Polymers have a glass transition point, a temperature below which their molecular chains are unable to move around each other freely.
- Graphite behaves like a two-dimensional metal because there is a transition point between its valence band and conductance band known as the Fermi point.
- Wet electrons, which occur on metal oxide surfaces, represent a transition point for electrons between solid and liquid states of matter.
More definitions of transition pointDefinition of transition point in:
- The British & World English dictionary