- A form of electron microscope in which an image is derived from electrons that have passed through the specimen, in particular one in which the whole image is formed at once rather than by scanning.More example sentences
- The transmission electron microscope utilizes a high-energy electron beam generated by a heated filament which is focused onto a specimen by means of a condenser lens.
- A transmission electron microscope image is an in-focus projection through the specimen.
- All this occurred at furnace temperatures within a custom-designed transmission electron microscope.
More definitions of transmission electron microscopeDefinition of transmission electron microscope in:
- The British & World English dictionary