- Existing or occurring across the entire wall of an organ or blood vessel.More example sentences
- Localized rebound tenderness signifies only limited and localized transmural inflammation.
- There were also multiple areas of hemorrhagic necrosis with transmural extension.
- The resected portion of stomach had a hemorrhagic, necrotic thickened wall and showed extensive, acute suppurative inflammation, especially in the submucosa, with focal transmural involvement.
More definitions of transmuralDefinition of transmural in:
- The British & World English dictionary