Definition of transnational in English:
Extending or operating across national boundaries: transnational advertising agencies
More example sentences
- Both inwardly and outwardly, growing instability infected national and transnational politics.
- The maquiladora sector is governed by a slew of local, national and transnational laws.
- In the current national military strategy, transnational threats are of prime importance.
nounBack to top
A large company operating internationally; a multinational.
- It goes beyond the CEOs of big transnationals in manufacturing, services and finance.
- In spite of the complexities of spanning the globe and a sluggish economic environment, most of these tech transnationals have been delivering outstanding financial results.
- Just a handful of transnationals, local corporations and narrow sections of educated middle-class employees.
- Example sentences
- But my research, and that of others, suggests that the traditional model that informs immigration policy can't deal with transnationalism.
- But during the millennium and start of the 21st century, demonstrations against globalism have been on the rise, responding to rapid developments in transnationalism.
- Some theories of transnationalism are extremely immaterial.
- Example sentences
- By making it easier to offer courses transnationally, exporters can use the excess educational capacity of the North to increase capacity in the South.
- They occur all over the world and the activities are carried out transnationally.
- A more recent trend is the incorporation of a new type of Irish emigrant - the transnationally mobile educated elite - into primary sector positions in ‘global’ cities.
Definition of transnational in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan