noun (plural transparencies)
- 1The condition of being transparent: the transparency of iceMore example sentences
- Demands for greater financial transparency were resisted at every turn.
- Hopefully, this legislation will bring greater transparency in these transactions.
- A single currency will also increase price transparency and thus highlight price differences still existing between Member States.
- 2An image, text, or positive transparent photograph printed on transparent plastic or glass, able to be viewed using a projector.More example sentences
- She then presents the photographs as transparencies in light-boxes.
- Documentation can take the form of written language transcriptions, audiotapes, photographs, videotapes, video prints, overhead transparencies, and children's productions.
- Electronic images, transparencies and glossy prints are acceptable.
late 16th century (as a general term denoting a transparent object): from medieval Latin transparentia, from transparent- 'shining through' (see transparent).