noun (plural transparencies)
1The condition of being transparent: the transparency of ice
More example sentences
- Demands for greater financial transparency were resisted at every turn.
- Hopefully, this legislation will bring greater transparency in these transactions.
- A single currency will also increase price transparency and thus highlight price differences still existing between Member States.
2An image, text, or positive transparent photograph printed on transparent plastic or glass, able to be viewed using a projector.
- She then presents the photographs as transparencies in light-boxes.
- Documentation can take the form of written language transcriptions, audiotapes, photographs, videotapes, video prints, overhead transparencies, and children's productions.
- Electronic images, transparencies and glossy prints are acceptable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.